Friday, August 27, 2010

backaches strikes again

I am always experiencing back pains especially when I am on duty and when I stand for so long maybe it is because of my scoliosis. As we all know, scoliosis is a medical condition in which a person's spine is curved from side to side.

Most types of scoliosis are more common in girls than boys, and girls with scoliosis are more likely to need treatment. It can be seen through x-ray, with a typical type it may look more like an S or a C curved shape. A standard exam that is often used by doctors and an initial school screenings is called the Adam's Forward Bend Test. For this test, the patient is asked to lean forward with his or her feet together and bend 90 degrees at the waist. The examiner can then easily view from this angle any asymmetry of the trunk or any abnormal spinal curvatures. It should be noted that this is a simple screening test that can detect potential problems, but cannot determine accurately the exact severity of the deformity.

Some of the symptoms of having scoliosis are Back pain, one hip or shoulder may be higher than the other and leaning of entire body to one side. Treatments include occupational therapy, orthopedic spine braces and worst cases should go on for surgery.

As of today, I do not have time for my therapy but after this busy schedule I promise that I will have my therapy again and

No comments:

Post a Comment